Training For Trainers
Washington Mind had a vision to develop A LIFE Worth Living Training for Trainers and community suicide prevention model.
Thanks to funding from the Northern Rock Foundation this wish is now a reality.
A licence to become a Trainer, to deliver A LIFE Worth Living is now available for
Local Mind Associations (L.M.A.s) across England and Wales. This 2 day training programme will give you the skills and knowledge to become a competent trainer within your local community.
The A LIFE Worth Living (LIFE model) training for trainers’ course is now accessible to Local Mind Associations who wish to purchase a licence and deliver ALWL across their own communities.
Bill Gates once famously said he would like to see a computer in every home. We would like to see A LIFE Worth Living in every locality.
The community approach to suicide prevention that A LIFE Worth Living focuses upon is aimed at training frontline workers and volunteers across a community and equipping them with the skills and knowledge to have a conversation with and support a person who is experiencing suicidal thoughts. The LIFE model then enables ‘access to appropriate support’ and identifies a pathway of support that is specific to the locality in which the ALWL training and support is being delivered.
The ALWL T4T programme is a two day course and purchasing the licence provides access to the course and training materials. The licence permits the Local Mind to deliver the training over a two year period and there are many benefits associated with the licence and the delivery of the training.
For more information please contact me
Kathy McKenna. Training Manager and LIFE Co-ordinator
Via email@example.com or on 0191 4178043.
A LIFE Worth Living has become a recognised model of training, well attended training courses, positive feedback from trainees and a ‘global’ evaluation of how the training is being utilised provides evidence that the training can make a difference to the wider suicide prevention agenda, it challenges attitudes, breaks down stigma and can save lives.
Key Messages of the ‘A Life Worth Living Training’
- Developed with the support of Washington Mind service users whose lived experience has shaped the training programme.
- Developed by a team of people at Washington Mind with over 50 years of practical experience of working within mental health and support services.
- Commissioned by Public Health and CCG.
- Endorsed by both not for profit and private enterprise.
- A proven programme that helps save lives.
- Accessible and uncomplicated model for effective suicide prevention.
- Flexible enough so that localised data and service info can be integrated into the programme.